Art and Learning Adventures
Jun 20, 2016
Talking Arts Integration at the Getty Museum
I joined the Arts Integration + California: A Convening at the J. Paul Getty Museum in Los Angeles. The day was filled with speakers, case studies, and discussion groups. Even though there was practically no arts integration used in the presentations, there were so many good ideas and practices presented, I was thoroughly engaged the whole time.
Read through my sketchnotes to learn more.
Here are just a few links to follow up on some of the presenters:
- A Convening Overview
- #ArtsIntegrationCA on Twitter
- An article about arts@thecore,
- North Coast Arts Integration Project
- CoTA, Collaborations: Teacheres and Artists
- LA Fund #ArtsMatter campaign
- Santa Clara County Office of Education’s Arts Initiative
- San Diego USD Learning Through the Arts
One of many helpful lessons: it is equally important that an arts integration lesson or unit address arts content standards as well as other content standards.
In other words:
Thank you to all who participated.